Monday, June 16, 2014

Messy Staging

We're only a few days away from our first rehearsal, and busily getting ready for your arrival.  One of the important things that I like to do in advance of any rehearsal, is to map out a fairly detailed staging plan for the entire show, for each actor.  Although this plan will will be subject to massive change by the time we open, it at least gives us a starting point, and makes an efficient use of our time during our first rehearsals.  But before you start to think that this process is free from chaos, I am attaching one page of the Urinetown script that I used the last time I directed this show.  As you can see, the artistic process is a messy one; you're each going to be bringing your unique talents and perspectives to the production, which will necessitate many, many changes to my naive "plan".  For now, I just wanted you to know that we're thinking about you, and really looking forward to getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment